Angaza is thrilled to announce that we have partnered with Victron Energy, a world leader in the design and manufacture of components for battery-based energy systems. The Dutch company – founded in 1975 – is renowned in the off-grid solar market for its quality products (inverters, inverter-chargers, solar chargers, etc.), which are used worldwide in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
“We are excited to begin offering Victron’s SHS 200 solar home system on the Angaza platform,” said Lesley Marincola, Angaza CEO. “This scalable off-grid power system will provide consumers in the markets Angaza’s distribution partners serve with a high quality, affordable option for managing their evolving energy needs.”
The SHS 200 is the first pay-as-you-go (PAYG) enabled solution offered by Victron Energy. It is a powerful, reliable, and flexible solar home system designed for off-grid electricity access. The high PV power and storage capacity, as well as the built-in USB hub of the SHS 200, suit the needs of many households and small businesses. For example, a 200 watts PV installation can provide sufficient power to run a 24” TV for 8h per day, a 60L fridge or a fan, and half-a-dozen bulbs delivering 230 lumens for 8h. In addition, the modular design of the unit enables end-users to progressively increase their power subscription according to their needs and budget.
An Extensible PAYG Energy Solution Available in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
The long-standing experience of Victron Energy in the off-grid industry also comes with quality services. For example, despite temporary supply chain challenges related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, large quantities of the SHS 200 are expected to be available in stock in the months to come. Moreover, many authorized Victron installers and distributors are present in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to support PAYG distributors in deploying this high-power solar home system. Last but not least, the SHS 200 is covered by a 5-year warranty.
“We are excited to roll out this collaboration with Angaza and provide opportunities for both urban and rural populations to move up the energy ladder with quality solar home systems,” said Yoann Le Fol, Sales Manager for Energy Access at Victron Energy. “The extensive know-how of both Angaza and Victron Energy in the off-grid sector will provide last-mile distributors with strong benefits to their operations.”
Victron’s SHS 200: Now Available on the Angaza Platform
- Solar power: up to 200Wp
- Storage capacity: Up to 12V/160Ah (1920Wh)
- MPPT solar charger (up to 20% more efficient than PWM chargers)
- 12V standard outputs: 2 x 3A ; 2 x 5A ; 1 X 10A
- USB outputs: 10 x 1.5A (overall max : 10A)
- LCD screen (menu in English, French and Swahili)
- Compatible with lead-acid and lithium battery
- Optional battery box (anti-tampering)
- 5-year warranty
- Large stock available
- To learn more about Victron’s SHS 200, now available on the Angaza platform, visit the Angaza device catalog.
- To discover how Angaza can help you offer your customers a limitless range of life-changing products, including solar refrigeration appliances, clean cookstoves, solar home systems, affordable smartphones and more, contact us for a live demo.