Software Engineering Manager – Nairobi
Angaza creates software used by business selling off-grid energy products in global markets from Kenya to Nigeria to India.
Angaza is used for more sales of energy products to more people than any other software platform. When a family pays a weekly installment on their new home solar installation, their payment is processed by Angaza backend software. When they have a question about their account, a call center finds the answer using an Angaza web application.
Angazans have a wide range of backgrounds and stories. If you're excited by what we do, you should reach out. To help you decide whether this role is right for you, though, we'll list some target attributes:
- You have worked as a professional software engineer for at least three years, and a manager for at least one year.
- Your experience may be backend-focused, but you're willing and able to tackle frontend work as the need arises.
- You care about a clear and well-maintained internal implementation almost as much as you care about delivering great features to end users.
- You tend to think through and communicate the tradeoffs of different implementations, rather than jumping straight to the one that feels right.
- You appreciate the craft in your work, and you value its impact even more.
This position is full-time and on-site in our Nairobi office.
Send us your contact details and résumé. Feel free to attach any extra information you think we should know. We look at every single person. We'll get back to you shortly.
Angaza is a for-profit company with offices in San Francisco and Nairobi.
Our technical team is about a dozen people. We've worked at places like Canonical, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Kiva. It's an experienced group that supports each other in building a better product. We strive to be thoughtful, pragmatic, and collaborative.
Our hiring process typically involves a phone conversation, a small and well-defined home project, and an on-site interview. We don't believe in gotcha logic puzzles or adversarial whiteboard exercises, and we give you specific constructive feedback wherever possible.
Employees receive benefits, salary, and an equity stake in Angaza.