Angaza creates software for selling life-changing products in underserved markets. When an off-grid family in Tanzania (or Kenya, or Nigeria, or India…) pays a weekly installment on their new home solar installation, their payment is processed by Angaza’s backend software. When they have a question about their account, a call center employee finds the answer using Angaza’s web application. Their lives were changed when they could turn on electricity for the first time; the sales agent who made that possible used Angaza’s Android app to register their purchase, set up their installation, and stay in touch while they start to benefit from it. Plenty of other B2B SaaS companies build software designed for mature industries and well-served, developed markets. Angaza is different: our software might be running on a $30 smartphone. It may be the first app the user has ever installed, and it is probably being used in a place where 2G data is a luxury. These aren't edge cases; those are our core users, and we believe they'll use our software to dramatically improve the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people over the next decade.
This PositionWe're looking for a Product Manager to join our San Francisco team and drive the successful development of the Angaza platform for "pay as you go" sales of off-grid energy solutions. This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape the development of our product lines as we rapidly scale our network, gain new partners, and add platform users. As Product Manager, you will engage in solving a major obstacle to global development, and work with us on the tough usability challenges inherent to this domain. You can make a real difference for the millions of people living without electricity access today. Angazans have a wide range of backgrounds and stories. To help you decide whether this role is right for you, here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate::
- You have 2+ years of product management experience building B2B/enterprise web and mobile products. You've had successes as well as failures, and you can demonstrate what you've learned from each.
- You're as excited about working at a mission driven organization as you are about building game changing products.
- You thrive in dynamic environments by managing expectations, (over)communicating, and walking a fine line between process enforcer vs. rebel
- Your stakeholder engagement skills allow you to effectively engage with both customers and co-workers (experience collaborating with international users is a plus!)
- You've operated within a data-driven product development process or can explain why you’d thrive in that environment. Data doesn't trump everything, but it should be at least a starting point in the conversation.
- You're not necessarily a UI/UX expert, but you can build a set of user experiences and basic wireframes that will delight and enable your end users.
- Building out our core web and Android based platform with our awesome team of San Francisco- and Nairobi-based product designers and engineers
- Developing low fidelity wireframes in coordination with our User Researcher to collect stakeholder feedback
- Gathering and prioritizing product feedback from our customers: how can we enable distributors to grow their Pay-As-You-Go businesses from Africa to India to Latin America
- Developing release plans and product marketing materials for upcoming product releases
- Participating in roadmap prioritization discussions with key stakeholders in the company
This position is full-time and on-site in our San Francisco office.Send us a résumé as well as a cover letter explaining what interests you about the role. If you want to share anything else that helps us better evaluate your skill set (e.g. a portfolio of past products you’ve worked on), please don’t hesitate to send it our way! We’ll review all candidate submissions and do our best to get back to you shortly.