Angaza creates software for selling life-changing products in underserved markets.
When a family in Tanzania (or Kenya, or Nigeria, or India…) pays a weekly installment on their new home solar installation, their payment is processed by Angaza backend software. When they have a question about their account, a call center finds the answer using an Angaza web application. Their lives were changed when they could turn on electricity for the first time, and the sales agent who made that possible used an Android app from Angaza: to register their purchase, to set up their installation, and to stay in touch while they start to benefit from it. Plenty of other "B2B SaaS" companies build software designed for mature industries and well-served markets. Angaza software might be running on a $30 smartphone. It may be the first app the agent has ever installed. It is probably being used in a place where 2G data is a luxury. These aren't edge cases; those are our core users, and we believe they'll use our software to dramatically improve the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people over the next decade.
This PositionWe're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our San Francisco team and drive the successful development of the Angaza platform for "pay as you go" sales of off-grid energy solutions. This position is an exciting opportunity to hold a key role as we rapidly scale our network, gain new partners, and add platform users. As our Product Manager, you will engage in solving a major obstacle to global development, and work with us on the tough usability challenges inherent to this domain. You can make a real difference for the millions of people living without electricity access today. Angazans have a wide range of backgrounds and stories. If you're excited by what we do, you should reach out no matter what. To help you decide whether this role is right for you, though, here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products. You've had more success than failures and you can demonstrate what you've learned from each.
- You're as excited about working at a mission driven organization as you are about building game changing products.
- You thrive in dynamic environments by managing expectations, (over)communicating, and walking a fine line between process enforcer/rebel
- Your well-refined stakeholder engagement skills allow you to effectively engage with a diverse set of customers living half way across the world
- You're inspired by and committed to a data-driven product development process. Data doesn't trump everything, but it should be at least a starting point in the conversation.
- You're not necessarily a UI/UX expert, but you can build a set of user experiences that will delight and enable your end users.
This position is full-time and on-site in our San Francisco office.Send us your contact details and résumé. Feel free to attach any extra information you think we should know. We look at every single person. We'll get back to you shortly.