Angaza tackles global energy poverty by enabling off-grid customers to purchase clean energy in affordable amounts over time. Our business-to- business Pay-As-You-Go technology serves manufacturers and distributors selling solar products across the globe. Angaza is a for-profit social enterprise based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya; our small and growing team shares a passion for technology and a desire to address unmet needs on a global scale through innovative, market-driven solutions.
Description of Role
We are recruiting an Account Manager to join our Nairobi team and help maintain Angaza’s position as the energy access industry’s leading B2B Pay-As-You-Go technology provider. Account Managers are the primary point of contact for our entire distribution network, and will be responsible for their partnership portfolio’s experience and growth. The role focuses on ongoing relationship-building and proactive account management activities that promote overall customer satisfaction, product adoption, and product re-orders. The position will be responsible for the successful onboarding of partners, their introduction to the Angaza platform and Pay-As-You-Go sales, and ultimately their happiness and success with Pay-As-You-Go. The position will report directly to our Director of Channel Sales.
Onboarding and training
- Work closely with the Senior Account Manager on implementation of account management strategy
- Support the training of new accounts via demos, presentations, collateral, and webinars, to ensure they are engaged with the product
- Educate accounts on new features and tools while identifying target accounts for upsells and new opportunities
Defining and executing
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner accounts
- Understand partner needs and motivations
- Ensure partners meet Angaza’s sales quotas by communicating and providing support regularly on the phone and via email
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume
- Proactively lead joint partner planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Consult and coach accounts to achieve success through company KPIs
Educating and enabling
- Become an expert in Angaza’s software products and provide recommendations to suit varying client needs
- Work with Customer Success, Platform, and Devices teams to articulate and monitor customer requests and feedback
- Help partners define and share their market strategy through utilizing Angaza tools
- Become a subject matter expert on all software tools, policies, and procedures that impact partner success
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of work experience in a channel sales environment
- Demonstrated track record of managing client relationships and retaining accounts
- Experience working on commission
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills and organizational skills
- Happiness in a very dynamic, fast-paced, flexible (and fun!) startup atmosphere
- Love of technology!
- French speaking skills a major plus
Send your resume and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Angaza Account Manager Position”. Note that applicants must send a personalized cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date in October.